Our Achievements and Statistics
Despite being founded in 2016, it’s only been a year since we became a registered charity, and we have achieved a lot in the last year.
This page highlights our achievements and, as we grow, the personal achievements of our team and our service users: our PINners.
We couldn’t be more proud of our achievements and we’d love to share them with you. As a charity, we believe in being transparent with our supporters and service users, therefore we’ve decided to share our impact assessments statistics to see how we are performing within the community, both online and in-person.
Achievements & Awards
- In December 2017, The Mighty named us their mental health heroes, alongside the late Chester Bennington’s wife, Talia.
- This year, we’ve been named Mental Health Workshop Provider of the Year, Non-Profit of the Year, and Most Influential Mental Health Workshops 2018.
- We are Los Reyes Charity of the Month for September 2018. 25p per charity dish will be donated to PoetsIN
- We came runner up for Sainsbury’s Charity of the Year in three different cities.
- We have helped over 1,500 people with 99% saying they have seen positive improvement in their lives.
We have more things we’d love to share, and we will, but we don’t want to ruin the surprise. Check back soon as we’ll update this regularly.
The follow are the stats gathered from impact assessments carried out by our service users. These help us improve our service and focus on evolving our work to aid mental health and wellness.
In-Person Group Impact Assessment Results
The following information was taken across our two year in-person program.
Percentage that report…
- Reduction in depression symptoms: 99%
- Reduction in Anxiety symptoms: 99%
- Reduction in aggressive behaviours: 98%
- Reduction of stress: 100%
- Reduction of other mental illness symptoms: 98.2%
- Self-harmer percentage: 60%
- Reduction in self-harm instances short-term: 99%
- Reduction of self-harm long-term: 99%
- Cease of self-harm altogether: 85.4%
- Reduction of suicidal thoughts: 99%
- Increase in confidence: 100%
- Increase in self-worth: 100%
- Increase in grasp of English language and how to utilise this to communicate effectively: 99%
- Percentage of illiterate service users: 20%
- Percentage of those illiterate service users that are now literate to a point where they can make themselves understood through their writing: 100%
- Percentage of those with spectrum disorders: 10%
- Percentage of those with spectrum disorders that found PoetsIN to be useful to their disorder: 100%
- Increase in confidence of managing symptoms: 98%
Percentage that report that PoetsIN is valuable to them: 100%
Facebook Group Impact Assessment Results
Our Facebook Group has become a valuable resource for many of our members. It was because of this that we decided to do an impact assessment with our members, who could anonymously tell us what they think of our group and how it helps them. Here’s a snapshot of the results.
- Over 60% of our members who completed the assessment visit the group multiple times per day, with the remaining percentages visiting once per day or every 2-3 days.
- 80% of members come to the group to purge through writing and creative writing (this includes discussion and asking questions.) Other use cases are as follows: Advice and Information 63.3%, Inspiration 83.3%, Interest 70%, Distraction 20%, Socialising 53.3%. Members were asked on this question to tick all that apply.
- Before joining PoetsIN 70% of people who answered the assessment stated that they didn’t feel confident in handling the symptoms of their mental illness, but since becoming a member of PoetsIN 100% said they feel more confident than they did at managing their symptoms.
- 80% feel more empowered as a result of being a group member.
- 90% feel less anxious as a result of being a group member.
- 96.7% feel more informed as a result of being a group member.
- 80% feel less isolated as a result of being a group member.
- 92% feel more reassured and supported as a result of being a group member.
- 80% feel more understood as a result of being a group member.
- 77.7% feel more confident as a result of being a group member.
- 100% feel more inspired as a result of being a group member.
- 98.2% feel happier as a result of being a group member.
- 90% feel more included as a result of being a group member.
- 96% feel more in control of coping strategies as a result of being a group member.
- 80% feel more aware of self-care practices as a result of being a group member. With 86.7 percent feeling encouraged by PoetsIN to partake in self-care.
Percentage that report PoetsIN is valuable to them: 100%
If you are interested in our creative writing workshops, then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to join the Facebook group, then request via this link.